Sunday, February 7, 2010

Letter received Saturday, January 23, 2010

1/19/10 @5:00 p.m.

Well I made it! We arrived here to Billings a little late. The Billings Airport is kind of cool. You land on a butte that overlooks the city. Billings isn't too small but it isn't too big either. The city like I said sits in a little valley. The mission home can easily be seen from the butte the airport sits on. I don't know how big other mission homes are but this one feels pretty good sized. It also has a very cabin homey feeling. There isn't a lot of snow but it does feel like winter. Most of the missionaries live with members. This helps the church save a lot of money. Now onto the after airport stuff. The Pres. and his wife and the office elders greeted us at the airport. They took us to take some pictures and then to the mission home. We ate a really good soup and then had a little orientation. After that we went to see the temple. It's really pretty and it backs up to these cliffs. We just went in the entrance and they have some fountains inside. It's pretty cool. After that we came back to have interviews. Pres. Gardner seems really great. I can't wait to get to know him better.

1/19 @ 10:00 p.m.

Well I just received my first area. I'm going to the Butte Zone, to the Townsend area. We cover the Townsend and White Sulphur Springs Wards. I think that's where Ricky's grandparents are but I'm not 100% sure. I'll leave tomorrow afternoon and leave for Helena, I think, and then to Townsend on a bus. I'm not sure how long of a drive that is but I think I'm going to get a lot of scripture study done on this mission so that's good. Well I'm excited to leave tomorrow and to see how all this bus stuff works. I'll write you or email you when I get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment