Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring Snow?

Helloooo Everybody!

It’s been good to hear from home and hear about Elder Heywood’s homecoming. I'm glad you were able to go and finally meet him and his family. Also glad you were able to meet Elder Unga and Clous. Elder Unga is awesome! Lauren you're right he is really funny. And mom you were right Elder Heywood is the real deal. As I read your emails about his talk and meeting the other Elders it’s caused me to reflect again on how great this mission is! I have been blessed and privileged to serve with such great missionaries. It also helps a lot of us are from AZ, a definite connection that will last forever. I think a lot of this is the Gardner’s doing. They find ways to make everyone in the mission really close and feel like a family.

Ok so the blog, it has really taken off the last two weeks! This Mormon March Madness stuff has really increased my views. I even know other Elders who are sharing my blog at dinner appointments because they know the family loves basketball and they want to show them basketball stuff with a spiritual thought. I maxed out yesterday at 91 views in a day. That's the most I've ever had. I had 242 views the end of Feb. and I'm at 739 for the month of March. A lot of my views are coming from Facebook but a lot are coming from google too which means a lot of people are just happening upon it. I hope they keep checking back and find things they like. I really wonder how many returning viewers I have. It’s also really cool to see the different countries viewing it. US, Canada, Germany, UK, Israel, Belgium, S. Korea, Malaysia, Denmark, and France just this week. You had asked about which blogs I've written and which I've copied. The Danny Ainge one I wrote with a few quotes from those articles I cited, The Missionary one I wrote, the Cosic one I wrote with a few quotes from an article, the Jimmer one I wrote, the Hoops Reunion I didn't write. That one was from the Church News. And the sElection Sunday was one I wrote. So I've pretty much written all of them with the help of a few quotes. Do I need to cite better on those quotes? I'm thinking about doing a General Conference review for the month of April reviewing talks given in this weekend conference. What do you think of that idea? I hope I can keep up my viewer ship. Any other suggestions please give them to me.

So we were in Butte/Helena for three days this last week. We had a fun pday in Butte. We got to play some basketball with some other Elders besides ourselves so that was nice. Also a few different people from the ward were there. Jimmer Mania has definitely hit Butte. When they'd shoot and make a shot they'd say Jimmer! Also they kept calling this one kid Jimmer. He was just a wanna be though. All the Elders hate playing with him because he literally thinks he's Jimmer. I wanted to tell all of the Butteites that there is only One Jimmer! and that that kid is not him. haha It's neat to see how popular Jimmer is though even in little ol' MT.

Tues. we had great team ups with the Zone Leaders. Me and Elder Butler were at it again just like the good ol' days of team ups together. It was a lot of fun. We ate at this ladies house and her husband died not too long ago. He had a gun shop and she let us look around. We walk in and Elder Butler sees these gunstocks without the barrel attached and he says really loud Wow! Check out that Awesome Rubber Band Gun! It was really funny! The members said that'd make one expensive rubber band gun. Elder Catron had to explain to him what it really was. haha

Wed. I went to Helena with Elder Catron, Butler, and Garcia for leadership. President started off by saying he knows we are sheltered as missionaries but he wanted to show us a video of what has been going on in Japan. It was Amazing to see that! I can't even put it into words. That water just moved so quickly and despite those people trying to get away from it it just caught them and wreaked havoc. It helps you feel more for the people of Japan when you see what it did not just hear about it. President then showed us a scripture in Sec. 88 of the D&C. It talked about how the waves of the sea will heave themselves beyond their bounds. Then it talks about how the angels are going to be preparing people for the Second Coming. He talked about how we are some of those angels who are here right now to prepare people. It was pretty cool. Also found out in leadership Duce Lutui from the AZ Cardinals is going be baptizing an investigator in Billings. Pretty cool huh?

Finally back in our area Wed. but then turned around for Sheridan for District Meeting. It was a really good meeting. Then we ate at the Wagon Wheel. It’s a pretty good place to eat in Twin Bridges.

Finished out the week not too bad considering how long we were in our area. Had a great lesson with A. I'm really excited for him to be able to watch conference this weekend. He's really enjoying his spiritual experiences he's already had and the studying he's been able to do. Also planned more for H's baptism on the 9th. We are excited for her and she said she keeps feeling really comfortable with her decision so she knows it’s what she needs to do. Didn't get in with the A family but we did talk to him. He said he’s been following the Word of Wisdom for a week and he said he feels the difference. He sleeps a lot better at night. That was awesome to hear.

Tough week for Elder Lunt. He got a call Sat. morning from his mom. She said she has breast cancer and will be having surgery Tues. It was really tough at first, I think shock more than anything, but G and I gave him a blessing and he said he just feels peace. His mom seems pretty confident too. She said they caught it pretty early. I was able to share with him the things we've been through with Lauren and I hope that helped. President said 6 Elders in the mission have had parents get cancer while they have been out. It’s amazing to see how it’s affecting everyone in some way. Brother J seems to be doing better with the chemo this time around but you can tell he still is very uncomfortable.

Ok so the weather here is crazy. It snowed every other day here and then the next day it’s sunny, kind of warm (30-45), and everything melts. It snowed all during church Sunday and then once we got out of 2nd Ward it stopped. Sun came out and melted it all away. It’s crazy! I guess this is what they call spring here.

We met with Brother C this week and he is starting the stop smoking program so that he can get the priesthood. That will be really cool. He seems really determined to quit so that definitely helps.

Thanks to those who sent letters/scores this week. I was bummed BYU lost but what a great year they had. And what a great chance to follow Jimmer and all he did this year. He better win player of the year. I heard he was on the cover of Sports Illustrated this last week. Tried to find it but I think Dillon is behind in their magazines.

I think I would just like some money this time around instead of a package for Easter. That way I could buy candy if I want or maybe something Montana memento.

Well I better get going. I hope all is well with everyone. Enjoy going back to school and have fun playing tennis Lauren. I wish I could. Enjoy conference and yes we Montana boys are white. Haha

I love you all and I'll talk to you later.

Love,

Elder Davis
mitchell.davis@myldsmail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment