Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday, March 21, 2011

Hello Everyone,

Sounds like everyone had a good week especially with spring break and BYU winning. We've had a pretty good week here too. Tues. Elder Hineman and I headed off to Butte to drop him off to the transfer van and pick up Elder Lunt. It was definitely a bummer seeing Elder Hineman go but I think it'll be good for him to experience some new things and I'm excited for him to be in Elder Whitlock and Ika's district. He kept saying man, I don't want to go to Billings but once he's there a while I think he'll like it. I was also able to meet up with Elder Butler again in Butte. He's my new ZL and was my DL in the hi line for 4 1/2 months so it was good to see him and talk with him again. He said that Elder Ika and I really helped him change his mission so that really took me back. A lot of missionaries haven't got along with him for some reason but I guess me just trying to be a friend helped him so that's good. After a while it was time to let Elder Hineman go but first we were able to see Elder Whitlock and Wahl who were on the transfer van. I was able to get a picture with all the Elders I've trained. That was pretty special. I'll have to send you a copy. So Elder Hineman was then off to Billings and hello Elder Lunt.

Elder Lunt is from Pima, AZ. He's a country boy who likes guns, horses, and sports. We are getting along good so far. He's definitely different than Elder Hineman but I am really excited for him to be here because he's been in bigger cities the 7 1/2 months he's been out and now he's finally in a town more his size. He's really liking it so far. He keeps saying Oh man I love being here! So that’s good. Only complaint and he said he knows he needs to work on it is that he's a little messy but it will be fine. haha To break him into the ward we ended up being asked to speak in Both wards! It was good though. As I've said before I've come to enjoy speaking. I talked about conference coming up in 1st ward and then being an example in 2nd. I was able to use that story from my blog about Kresmir Cosic. I had to find some way to get March Madness into my talk. Haha

We had some great lessons this week. We had a really good lesson with the A's. They asked about the Word of Wisdom. We talked about it and the spirit and commited them to live it and they said they would. It was one of the better lessons we've had with them. We also had a good lesson with the F’s daughter H and P C. Also we reviewed some things with H to get her ready for baptism on the 9th. P and H were both at church. The only thing that could slow us down with P is she is leaving for 2 more weeks to AZ to be with her step dad and then bring him home for the summer. She's going to be flying into Gateway Airport. I told her that's right by my house! Haha

At church with A, his first Sunday after becoming a member, we had a good lesson in Gospel Principles. Brother L joked around that he needs to get on LDS singles.com now hahaha. He turned really red. It was really funny.

Well I better get going. I hope you all have a great week. I love you all. Sorry if this is shorter than normal. We're trying to run off to Butte for Pday with the elders there and then teams ups there tomorrow. Then I have leadership on Wed. and then we'll be back. Hope to hear from you all soon. Go Cougars!

Love,

Elder Davis

PS Did you go to Elder Heywood’s homecoming? Wasn't it this last Sunday? Dad said something about going next Sunday so I'm confused.

Oh and my blog (davisdailybread.blogspot.com) has been getting a lot of hits since I've been doing the Mormon March Madness. 40 a day consistantly. pretty cool huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment