Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Monday, February 28, 2011

Ups and Downs

Hello Everyone,

We had a great week here in Dillon. All except the fact that I can't seem to shake this sickness I've had about two weeks now. And it’s got a little worse. I woke up yesterday and felt no bueno. I knew I had to at least make it through church though. So I survived through church and came home and crashed. Fever, chills, sore throat, you name it. I woke up last night at 7:30 and thought it was 7:30 in the morning. I said Oh No Elder! I forgot to call in numbers! Then I asked why is it so dark? It’s never dark like this by 7:30. Elder Hineman then realized what I was thinking and just laughed at me. It was kind of funny once I realized it wasn't Monday that it was still Sunday and that I hadn't slept through reporting numbers. I am feeling better today. I’m still not 100% but good enough to be sitting here writing an email. I talked to Pres. and the mission doc and they said because my fever did break this morning and the chills were gone that they think I'm on the mend and don't need to go to the doctor. They said to keep them updated though so we'll see.

Ok now on to the good stuff. We found 3 new investigators this week. One of which was A S. A works with Brother L from Dillon 2nd ward and has been talking a lot about the church for the last year they've worked together. He's come to church the last four weeks in a row now but has been crazy busy up at the bottling plant where they work. We were finally able to meet with him on Monday and when we soft commited him to baptism he said "well what the heck do you think I'm here for!" haha that was a pleasant surprise! So we told him the requirements like us teaching him and him being off of any word of wisdom substances and he said yep already done that. So pretty much Brother L has prepared him so much that all we have to do is teach him the four lessons and have a baptism interview. So he set the date him self of March 12th because his daughter's going to be here. We are really excited that this has just come out of nowhere. When I talked to Pres. today and told him about it he said it’s because Elder Hineman and I have been working hard and the Lord has seen fit to bless us. So that was a comforting thought. One that Dad also echoed in his email too.

Along with A we were able to start teaching the F’s daughter. She has always been interested but has been really nervous to meet with missionaries. Luckily we've eaten over there a few times and I think it’s helped break the ice to where she was willing to meet with us. We had a really good lesson with her. I can see her being one that really grasps the gospel like her parents have done.

We had a good lesson with the A family too. They said church was different but that they really liked it. They have A LOT of questions though. They may not be the slam dunk we were hoping for but hey every good thing comes in it’s own time. So I have faith if we'll just answer their questions and keep working with them and getting them to read the Book of Mormon that they'll come around.

I know some other good stuff happened this week but my mind is just gone today. Sorry this feels so short compared to usual. Good to hear BYU won! It’s exciting to see them keep winning no matter what spot they're put in. This team hasn't had the typical disappointment game yet KNOCK ON WOOD! It's good to see Jimmer getting a lot of help too. This team really isn't just one player despite Jimmer getting all the hype.

Well I love you all. Have a great week. I was happy to help with the East Valley Mormon Choral Organization publicity. I hope the concert goes great! I wish I could be there. Oh well. I'll get to hear it all someday hopefully.

Love,

Elder Davis

PS Go Cougs!

No comments:

Post a Comment