Monday, May 30, 2011

Monday, May 30, 2011

My Own Breakfast

Well Helloooo Everybody!

While you were off eating Little America breakfast buffet I had my own breakfast to attend here in Kalispell. Every year they do a big tri ward Memorial Day breakfast here. So this morning we got up and came to the church to help set up and then enjoyed a great breakfast of pancakes, eggs, breakfast burritos, sausage, bacon, fruit, and orange juice. There is a family here who is big into cooking. They have these two massive grills that they cooked everything on. The big one they call "The Holy Grill". They even have aprons that say The Holy Grill and then have the church logo. I guess they cook for a lot of ward and church activities. We had called or visited everyone on our teaching list and invited them. We only had J there but that's ok. We tried.

Speaking of J we had some mini teamups this last week with the zone leaders and Elder Wells (from Mesa and in Hineman's ward) taught J. We had a really good lesson and at the end I asked her why she wanted to be baptized and she told us how she had grown up in a christian home and they kind of had a church of their own but she was looking for more and something that was her faith and that she has found it. It was really neat to see her open up like that and talk about why she wanted to get baptized. Her only concern was her family and their lack of support. Elder Wells was thankfully there because he was able to talk about how his mom joined the church at J's age and that her family didn't support her too but that eventually they got over it and that if it wasn't for his mom doing what she did despite the pressure he wouldn't be where he is now. We then talked about how this is a big step not only for her and potentially her family but a big step for her future family. That really helped her feel better about it all and she said ok I am ready for June 4th. So later in the week we visited her again and went over what a baptism is like. We also talked to her about choosing someone to baptize her and give some talks. The next day I got online and there was a message from her asking me if I'd baptize her! I of course said I'd be honored to do that. So this upcoming Saturday is J's baptism and I'm going to be baptizing her! Pretty cool huh? The ward is really excited and I think we are going to have a great turn out. That and the singles branch that hopefully she'll be able to transition down to is also planning on getting a lot of people to come. It's going to be a great experience for all of us.

We had zone conference here in Kalispell on Wednesday. Elder Ika and Wixom stayed at our place Tuesday night which was fun. They're over the online stuff so they also go to zone conferences and give a presentation and answer questions. It was weird to not have to drive at least an hour and a half to the meeting. That was a first. It was really good though. We were combined with Missoula which was good. Nice to see other Elders from other zones. We focused a lot on how the Lord always goes after the one in the ninety and nine. Pres. has been collecting pictures from baptisms in the last 6 months and he did a presentation where when he clicked the button on the computer it would zoom into different pictures of people and randomly go to different pictures of people dressed in their white. And then at the end it zoomed out and we could see all of them. He talked about how the Gospel of Jesus Christ has changed all of these people's lives one at a time. It was really neat to be able to see C, J B, and J's pictures on there. We were also able to hear a talk from Elder Holland that he gave back in January at the MTC. He talked about how the missionary program was lacking something and how PMG was created to not teach the missionaries what to teach but how to teach and that it's our responsibility to know what to teach through our studies. As always it was a great talk because it was Elder Holland speaking. haha

After zone conference J had her interview and Pres. was finishing some other things up so were were talking with Elders Catron, Adams, and Sister Gardner. We got on the topic of BYU bball and Jimmer. She said she felt bad for me because I missed this season. That brought the idea to my mind do you think Chad Bunn could burn me copies of some of Jimmer's awesome games like the Utah one, SDSU, New Mexico? Dad you should give him a call and ask him. I'd love to get to watch those some day.

Speaking of bball last pday after most everyone had left the ZL's, Sisters, and us were just hangin around in the gym. I started to try to throw the ball full court and got really close the first time. So I tried again and almost made it. So I tried again. Sister Tuckett pulled out her camera and got it on video and I made it. It was pretty cool. Also I learned last Monday that Brett wrote a sister missionary in my mission. haha So I had printed out Brett's email and was going to read it later. Well then I left it in the Family History Center so the sister took it out and put in on the couch. Well we came in from lunch and it was sitting there. Sister Mace picked it up and looked at it. She said hey this isn't mine but I know an Elder Duke. I asked one serving in Ft .Worth? She said yes. I guess an Elder in Sister Mace's MTC group went to Ft. Worth and then told Brett he should write Sister Mace. So they've written back and forth twice. hahahaha I laughed so hard. We are going to write him a joint letter today.

Well besides the rain I can't think of anything else that's gone down in Kalispell this week. Another great week full of beautiful scenery. Definitely one of the best looking places anyone could serve in the world in my opinion. Not that I'm trunky or anything but I sure am excited to show this state off to you all someday.

Well I better get gone. Good to know school ended well. Have fun in Utah. Take lots of pics of choir stuff and get some pics with family up there too. I'd like to have some pics of everyone. I love you all. Enjoy your fun time in Utah. God Bless!

Bye Now,

Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment