Monday, October 4, 2010

Hey - Monday, October 4, 2010

Hey Everyone,

Well this week was a pretty busy week. I spent Mon-Wed with the Zone Leaders in Great Falls. It was good to get to know them better and to watch how they work. I even got to go to little old Belt which is a pretty small town about 20 min outside of GF. One funny thing that happened was when we street contacted this guy who was washing his car he got really scared and told us that Christians truly scare him. He ran inside his garage away from us. He was really scared. It was funny. I don't know why he is so scared of Christians. So it's definitely heated up here and on Tues it was 90 and we were walking all over because the ZLs have very few miles and when we got home at night despite drinking a lot I had some kind of rash all over my torso. I assume it was just a heat rash but after the ZLs giving me a blessing and getting a good nights rest it was gone. Kind of weird. It itched a little but wasn't that bad. Just was all over me. I'll have to send a pic so you can see.

So Wed. at 9:30 pm we picked up my new comp from off of the bus. His name is Elder Wahl and he is from Ohio. He is from a town near Columbus so not near Ms. F. He went to a year at BYU and he is a really good elder. I'm excited to work with him. I can't believe he's only been out on a mission for less than a week because he really knows his stuff and is a good teacher. So this area and I have truly been blessed with a good elder. He's not much into sports but does like Ohio St. and BYU Football. I think the Lord will never give me a comp who likes sports like I do. He must be trying to keep me in check. hahaha

We got back to Havre on Thurs and taught a part member family. The whole family besides the Dad are active members. Well we had a really good lesson with him and he said he's gone through some tough times lately and has had to rely on the Lord for help and that has increased his faith. We taught him the first lesson and he invited us back for lunch and a lesson in between sessions of conference yesterday. We had another good lesson with him and he said he knows the Book of Mormon is true. We had soft committed him to baptism the first lesson and now our plan is to commit him with a date when we meet with them Tues. You can just tell he's ready and that because of what has happened over the last couple of months has really humbled him. It's been amazing to see.

K was gone all week and we just briefly got in with her yesterday. We need to talk to her about her schedule and then talk to pres about coming up this week or next. So more info to come.

Despite only working in our area from mid day Thurs to Sun we had 18 lessons so we were really happy. We worked hard to work in between conference sessions to teach lessons and invite others to watch conference. Conference was amazing. I love it even more as a missionary because you are the one that gets to sit back and be taught.

Well I have to get going. It's taken me a while to write this because the keyboard I am using is HORRIBLE! oh well. I'll have to send a letter to fill you in on the other stuff. Have fun in Utah this week and take a lot of pics at the BYU game for me :). Hopefully they'll win. They won the last time Mom went which was probably 7 years ago so maybe they'll pull it out. Oh and Dad I second what you said about Utah State's students.

Love you all and have a great week.

Love,

Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment