Monday, September 5, 2011

Monday, September 5, 2011

E-Mail Before a Basball Game

Hello Everyone,

Hope you've all had a great week. I hear it's been pretty hot in AZ so I'm definelty glad to be here. The only thing that worries me though is the fact that it was 45 this morning when Elder Garcia and I went to play bball at the church. I could slightly see my breath. I think fall is coming which mean winter is coming which means ugg! Not good!

Any way this week was crazy, fun, exciting, tiring and quick. It's weird how I sit down to email and look back on my week and things from a week ago feel so far away but yet the week went so quick. Weird huh?

Tuesday we helped out with the new missionaries coming in. There were 17 of them so we got to go help pick them up from the airport and help out with their orientation. It was a lot of fun to be around them and feel their excitement. They had a lot of questions about the mission and Montana so it was fun to be able to tell them all about it. I remember the Elders who helped us out when we first came in and answered our questions so I was glad I could do that for them. We also were able to partake of some great cooking by SisterGardner. In the afternoon we took two groups at different times over to see the temple. It is always really neat to be over by the temple. You can definitely feel a special spirit there. It was neat to see the new missionarie's eyes light up when we pulled up there too.

Wed. we had the greeny breakfast where everyone around Billings and those here for transfers along with the new missionaries get together for a big breakfast. Then we headed over to an old folks home where we played bingo with them. haha Later we had a lesson with A. She is the one who's friend is on a mission and her friends family is fellowshipping her. We had a great lesson and ended up setting a baptism date with her for Oct. 8th. She really picks up on things quickly especially from 3 Nephi 11. And as if that wasn't a great way to end our night we went over to the departing missionaries testimony meeting. It was neat to see Elders Child, Wells, and Butler give their testimonies. I sure am going to miss them. It's then when it hit me that I need to stay all the way till the end no matter what others in my group are doing. It appears a lot of Elders in my group are going to try to go early but I'm staying. And I figure if I could get to speak in Grandma and Grandpa Gwynn's ward then there would be a lot more family there and elders I've served around in the mission so that wouldn't be too bad.

Alright now I keep forgetting to tell you about D. D is a guy who's a referral from a member in another ward. We've been teaching him a lot and he really wants to get baptized. He's been to so many different churches he has so many false ideas about things and it's been a bit of a struggle in one way to teach him but then again he's picked up on things really quick. We have a baptism date set for this coming Sat. but then he had his interview with President and it appears there might be a pending probation issue but the details have to be figured out so right now we are just waiting on President to find out more and get back to us. Hopefully it all works out for the best.

We've been in the office a lot this week getting ready for leadership this Tues in Billings and Wed. in Helena. I'm excited to take another road trip with President. It's always so neat to listen to him talk about different things mission and gospel related. Our presentation is kind of football based and talk about coaching the members on how to help with our online work. It sounds like Dad has a similar thing going down this week so hopefully all goes well for the both of us.

Glad to hear BYU won! It sure helps to have them on ESPN because Brother Garfield the brother we live with told me they had won. I doubt that would have happened last year with the old TV stuff. Glad to hear some more details about he game from Dad though. Hopefully they can get a win this week in Texas. I hope Brett's using this game as a good selling point. haha knock! knock! Hello we're missionaries from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, the same church that owns BYU the school Texas is playing this week. Would you like to learn more about our beliefs before you play us this weekend? It could work.

Well I better get going. We are going to a Billings Mustangs minor league baseball game!!! I have always wanted to go to one but knew it'd never happen unless it was on a Monday during the day. I then checked the schedule and hey what do you know they have one today! So we got our tickets last week and our whole zone is going! It should be a lot of fun! I hope you all have a great week. Thanks for the emails. I love you all! Talk to you later.

-Elder Davis

Go Cougars! Beat Texas!

No comments:

Post a Comment