Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday, January 24, 2011

20 x 2 and Online

Hey Everyone,

Hope everyone had a great week. We did up here in Dillon. We were able to teach 20 lessons again for the second week in a row. We haven't even come close to that kind of lessons in a two-week span since I've been here. We are trying to consistently meet the standard set by our leaders but at the same time remember behind every number is a person and that quality is better then quantity. It has been really nice to stay busy though. On Thursday and Friday nights we had set appointments at 5,6,7, and 8. When you're able to stay that busy at night in the winter when it gets dark and people turn in for the night it really helps. We are hoping to concentrate more on finding this week though. So, online proselyting started for me this week. Elder Hineman has to wait till next transfer because he's new. It’s been pretty cool getting things going. Mom had asked if anyone helped me set it up and that'd be a no. I did it all on my own. All of you will have to start checking out my blog at davisdailybread.blogspot.com. Mom if you could put a link to it on the other blog that'd be great. Also anyone that wants to add me to facebook and follow my missionary efforts online please add Elder Mitch Davis. You can't talk to me but you can follow what I'm up to and refer any less active people or none members who may have questions to be my friend on facebook. The more people I have following my efforts and giving me referrals the better things are going to be. Mom had asked about what all I can put on facebook and for the most part anything that’s sacred with the nature of our calling as missionaries but at the same time we're suppose to be normal people and not just Mormon robots. Haha

So we had two different lessons this week but they were pretty cool. One was a lesson with a less active guy who isn't all the way there but is a nice guy, he showed us some pretty cool magic tricks after the lesson and then taught them to us. So now I know some cool card tricks. Then at another less active families house when we came in they were watching American Idol and asked if we'd ever competed. We just cracked some jokes about AI and then Elder Hineman said I'm no good at singing but I can play a guitar. Brother R’s eyes got real big and next thing we know he comes back from a room with an electric guitar and an amp and hands it to Elder Hineman and says show me what you can do. And let me tell you Elder Hineman is pretty good. So the two of them jammed a little and then we had a lesson. I think some missionaries would scoff at what we did but I think it really built some trust with them and they seem to like us more now so I think it was good.

Glad Dad was able to talk to Sister P. They are a really nice couple in the ward. She's the YW Pres. and we had a really good dinner at their house. Also need to thank Gma G for the package she sent a while back and for the BYU flashlight. Also need to thank Coach Fidanza for the package and the Andy Roddick calendar. It’s a pretty cool calendar. So now I have the Christ one from Gma G and the Roddick one in our apartment. We heard at church that this older man Brother P had been in the hospital but was home so we decided to go visit him. I had never really met him at church but he's this awesome old guy straight from Scotland! He told us his conversion story about how he was invited to a party and when he got there it wasn't really a party it was a bunch of people listening to the Elders. At first he was mad but then stayed around and ate some good food after so he realized it wasn't too bad and kept coming back. That and one of the Mormon girls he thought was cute. Well he ended up marrying her and then at some point they moved to the Sugar House area of SLC and then to MT and they've lived a few different places in MT but have lived in Dillon a while. His wife passed away a few years back and is kind of lonely so we are going to keep visiting with him every week to give him some company. He has a bunch of cool Scottish stuff all over his house and he talks with an awesome accent. The first thing I thought when we went in there and started visiting with him is Grandpa Davis would love to talk to this guy. Brother P said he has a friend that still is living in the Sugar House area named E B. So Grandma and Grandpa Davis if you know him or of him let me know. We had a really good lesson with the Cs. We watched the Restoration and after were able to give her a blessing. Her health isn't the greatest but hopefully this will help her see the power of the Priesthood. Well I think that’s it for this week. The weather's been nice. I'm actually kickin it here at Brother J’s in shorts! :) I love you all. Have a great week. Hope to hear from you soon.

Love,

Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment