Monday, July 12, 2010

What a Week! Monday, July 12, 2010

Hello Everyone,

Hope everyone's summer is going good. Well it was kind of a crazy week for me. First off Mon. we went to Great Falls and sent off E. Child to White Fish. This meant I was now companionless until late Wed. when my new companion was suppose to come in. So I spent the next 2 1/2 days with E. Weight and E. Smith in Great Falls. It was a little hard and awkward to be with three out working but we started to get used to it. I had a lot of fun with them. E. Weight is from Kaysville so we had a lot to talk about and it turned out that we went to Fairfield Jr at the same time. He was just one grade older. So it was fun to talk to him about different people. Anyway Wed. I get a call telling me my new companion is Elder Whitlock and that his bus will come in at 9:30 that night. So 9:00 all the elders in the Great Falls area arrive at the bus station and just before 10:00 the bus pulls in. I kind of stood back and waited for E.Whitlock to go through all the elders as he meets them and looks at their name tag looking for me. haha Finally he gets to me last and we finally meet each other. He is from Gilbert, AZ so now two AZ boys are taking over in Havre/Chinook. haha The typical stereotype that all missionaries are from UT is slowly changing to AZ. hahaha He graduated in 09 and turned 19 in April. It's been a lot of fun to have different things from AZ in common and it certainly helps you feel more comfortable right away with someone so that's cool.

Well last week I said I think the Lord is showing his trust in me and also helping me get more on top of things. I was just getting maybe too complacent with being the Jr. Comp and now I'm definitely having to step out more, lead out, and juggle all of the different things a Sr.Comp has to do while training a new elder. But so far I think I'm not doing too bad of a job. Maybe you'd have to ask E.Whitlock though. hahaha Things are a lot busier around here though. Well mostly because Thurs. morn we drove from Great Falls to Big Sandy to have E.Whitlock meet Bishop Quinn and then went to see some people at the hospital and then out to Chinook. So going from no driving in 6th months to a lot of driving is different but not too bad. My leg was sore the next day though and now we are in Lewistown (drove down last night) and my leg hurts a little today too. Weird how driving tires out muscles like that. Especially when you haven't been using them. haha

I've been trying to introduce E.Whitlock to a lot of people to get him familiar with investigators/members and so far I think he's picking it up well (at least in Chinook). He said that he could never tell anyone any directions to anything yet though. haha but that's ok. That comes with time. I think he'll be a good missionary though. He has the drive now we just have to help him open up in lessons and dinner thoughts and stuff like that. He is more open then I was when I first came out though so I think he'll do just fine. He was way more excited to tract the other day than I ever was so that's good. He also didn't have to say anything yet though. haha He's learning and I'm starting to give him little tests. Like last night we ate at Pres.Johnson's and I said as we were walking in, "You got the thought ok." He said, "What! Umm I don't know about this" but I assured him he'd do good and he did so see he's already learning. He has a brother serving in Ammon, ID right now. You should see if the K's can track him down.

So we got to our home home on Thurs night. Sis. J is in Cali visiting family this week and you can tell Bro. J is kind of enjoying it. He has a big stack of movies by the tv and I asked him about it. He said this is the only time he ever gets to watch tv so he has to live it up while he can. hahaha He also did no work on Sunday and just watched tv which normally never happens. Normally she has a few little farm chores she wants him to go do. He cooked lunch for us on Fri. E.Whitlock said, "Thanks Bro. J that was good." He laughed and said, "Just a little bachelor cookin!" hahaha

Ok really quick while I'm remembering. My oil vial broke so if you could please send me a new one that would be really good. I have oil to put into a new one I just need a vial. Not good to be oil less as a missionary. Thanks.

Grandma and Grandpa D- I got your email this week. It must have been the .net that you had wrong. I'm glad to finally have heard from you. Good to hear you're still razzin the U fans and to answer your question about who said, "Have you inquired of the Lord" that was Nephi to his bros.

So this week is another crazy week. Team ups in Lewistown today and tomorrow then back to Havre on Wed. and then back to Chinook on Thurs. The only thing is that in Chinook they are having the Blaine County fair this weekend, Thurs-Sun, so I have a feeling the Whole Town is going to just shut down and we are going to have no work to do. We have been invited out to the rodeo Thurs night by a part member family who rodeos so if we get permission we might go to that. We passed the dinner calendar around on Sunday in Chinook and no one signed up so we might just head back to Havre early. The Rs want us to come watch their kids pig wrestle too but if we do go to the fair it would probably be better to go Thurs with the part member family but we'll see what we are allowed to do. You have no idea though. This town will literally SHUT DOWN! Empty streets and all. Anytime there is a town event the town is a ghost town. hahaha Hi Davis's mom!!! (that was E. Holbrook)

Well I want to send some pics so I'm going to end this. Hope everyone is doing good. I'm off to read Mom and Dad's letters I had to print so I had time to write. I love you all and enjoy your week.

-Elder Davis

PS L- Ask Lyndee for her Provo address please. I'd like to write her and tell her about meeting her family. And thanks for all the pics! :) And If you still have a chance to go boating you should try wake boarding this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment