Friday, April 16, 2010

What a week Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Hey Everyone,

Well first off I transfer news. After Elder Lanham was telling everyone how he was about 95% sure he'd be transfered the 5% happend. I am currently sitting in the Chinook library on Wed. with my new companion Elder Child. I am in the Havre (pronounced Haver) Chinook area which is in the Great Falls zone and is in the middle of the state about 30 miles south of the Canadian border. Its been a long last few days.
We got the call Friday that I was the one being transfered so I started packing and saying my goodbyes. I'm really going to miss Townsend but I am excited to get to see new things, meet new people and experience a real mission now. Being at Sis. P's was awesome but I think I am now in the real mission. hahaha
We had a member missionary fireside workshop on sunday which was nice because I was able to say goodbye to a lot of the members there. The best part was that the H's came and shared their testamonies at the end. It was really hard to say goodbye to them but it was also a perfect way to leave after hearing their testimonies. They are really sad to see me go especially Sis. H and E but I promised them I'll be back to visit. Sis. P also took it really hard. Her mom who is Sis.R and is like 90 years old was talking to me Sunday and she said Sis. P hates when transfers happen. I got a picture with Sis. P before I left and both of us were crying a little. Elder Lanham said that he feels so bad for her because he knows how much she hates to see us go and that she probably went inside and cried after saying goodbye. I definitely want to go back and visit her and Townsend when I'm done. The good thing is Elder Kuck., my MTC comp is with Elder Lanham now so I feel good to have him following me.
Ok so Monday I go on the big van the mission has and Elder T drives all the missionaries around for transfers. We drove from Helena to Missula to Kalispel dropping off and picking up elders all along the way. Oh man what a pretty drive. I got to see Missoula where the Grizzlies play and Flat Head Lake and some pretty cool mountain ranges. So we stayed the night in Kalispel and me and Elder Heywood who is from AZ and was in my district and who is going to be my District Leader here, spent the night with this old couple. It was fun to be able to just sit there for a couple of hours and talk with them. They are a really nice couple. They said to come back and visit them.
Then on Tues. We drove from 8-1 in some snow and finaly arrived in Great Falls where I met my new comp. Elder Child has been out for 7 1/2 months and is from Payson, UT. He seems like a lot of fun so far and he used to serve in Helena 5 and Townsend which used to be combined when he first got to the mission so we have a lot of things we can talk about together with that. We live in Chinook which is a town of about 1,500. They have a branch there with about 50 members. We live with the couple out on a farm in the upstairs of their old house. It definitely is not the P's but it does feel like what you could expect on a mission.

Havre is a little bigger town. Definitely bigger than Townsend. They have a small university there and a lot more shopping and fast food than Townsend did. They have about 200 members in the ward there. The area around here is pretty flat. No mountains. You'll have to take a look at Google Earth to see what I'm talking about. I'm really excited to get started here and I hope I can pick things up quickly. It's been really rainy/ snowy here so everything is muddy and wet. Luckily the elder who was here left a suit that didn't fit him anymore and it does fit me. So I have a suit I could wear and not really care about getting it dirty because it was free. Well I better go.

I have so much more to say but I also had a lot of emails to read which was nice. I'll be emailing again Monday so that won't be too far away. Thanks to all those that wrote me emails and letters. It was good to hear from all of you. I'll definitely try to send a letter home this week but we'll see. At this point it might be better just to wait since it wouldn't get there til Mon. I did send a package home though so I hope you get that soon. Good luck with your clinicals this week Mom. I hope you can stay awake on your drive home.

Good to hear a good tennis update also. I have so much more to say but I'm strapped for time. So just know that I love and miss you all and I hope you have a good week.

-Elder Davis

My comp says if you look on google you won't find it. haha We're that far out.



No comments:

Post a Comment